Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Twitter People

I dig Twitter, but sometimes the users make me laugh.  This is to be expected, but I thought I would share anyway.  I was recently followed by an individual whose bio reads: "Sweet are the uses of adversity, which, like a toad, though ugly and venomous, wears yet a precious jewel in its head."  Seriously, I don't even know what the hell that means.  Even if I can sort of figure it out, it's an interesting way to introduce yourself to the world at the very least, and it would probably be better described as a preposterous way to introduce yourself to the world. 

I'm a writer, so many of the people I follow are in the field, and it's amazing how many can't write a simple sentence or two.  Some can't spell.  Some bill themselves as existential futurists or idiosyncratic adventurers.  When you figure that shit out, feel free to tell me all about it.  Some brag about awards they have won that no one else seems to recognize.  Some are cool people with cool stories to tell.

I've made a number of connections that I greatly enjoy.  I've chatted with Jon Ryan, the punter for my beloved Seattle Seahawks, and Henry Mancini followed me for some reason even though he has no idea how much I dig his compositions.  Twitter is quirky, it's bizarre, it's a lot of fun, and it definitely leads you to scratch your head at times.  If don't have a profile, I encourage to sign up, meet some cool people, and laugh at some crazy people.  It makes the world go round.

No comments:

Post a Comment