Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I see why Spike Lee is a jealous motherf*cker

Yes, I know, I didn't drop my #2 Bond Villain today, but please understand that I was very busy on several fronts early in the day, and then I was completely swept away by Django Unchained.  Seriously, what's up with Quentin Tarantino?  Everyone is supposed to drop the ball from time to time.  Every artist is entitled to fail every once in a while.  That's the nature of the game we play, and anyone who goes out on a limb over and over again is bound to miss the mark at some point, right?

Not Quentin Tarantino.  He just delivers one instant classic after another.  Like it's easy or something.  It's unbelievable.  Hell, it's driving Spike Lee crazy, and he should be one proud dude, immune to such pettiness.  I just can't fathom it.

So, I was overwhelmed by greatness tonight, but I'll be on it tomorrow.  The good news is that in addition to learning who my top 2 Bond villains are, you'll also get a review of a genuine masterpiece.  If you, like me, were unfortunate enough to miss this one in theaters, everything good you've heard about Django Unchained is true. 

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment