Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Watch/Top 5 Silly Comedies

Warning: This blog comes from a guy who may just be Vince Vaughn's biggest fan.  I also dig Ben Stiller, and as much as my wife hates silly comedies, they just so happen to be my favorite type.

I watched The Watch last night and I laughed my ass off.  I haven't heard anyone say anything remotely positive about this movie, but I thought it was hilarious.  Stiller played the straight man, so he was a little subdued, but Vaughn got to work his magic to terrific effect.  Jonah Hill was also on point, and in truth, I thought everyone involved did a nice job.  The effects were pretty nifty, the use of music was stellar, and I'm going to recommend this to anyone who likes a good silly comedy.

Speaking of which, here are my Top 5 Silly Comedies:

1) Monty Python and the Holy Grail

2) Black Dynamite

3) Airplane!

4) Zoolander

5) Dodgeball

What are some of your favorite silly comedies? 

No comments:

Post a Comment