Friday, April 11, 2014

The Airport Series

I have a confession to make.  I really like disaster movies.  The Poseidon Adventure is clearly the best of the lot, but I also have a lot of love for the Airport series.  I know they're terrible--seriously, the line between the Airport pictures and Airplane! and it's equally hilarious sequel is a fine line indeed.  Still, there's something about those abusrdities that I cherish.  Airport '75 is surely my favorite, yeah, Lancaster is a legend, but he's no Charlton Heston.  Of course, this comes from a guy who loves The Omega Man, so take it for what's worth.

Oh, about The Omega Man--if you look at it as a strict adaptation of Matheson's novel I Am Legend, it's a total jive-turkey.  If you look at it as something unique that was loosely based on Matheson's text, it's a hell of a good time and one of Heston's best.  That's my take, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment