Thursday, October 25, 2012

What is best in life?

Can it be?
I'm reading reports that Arnold has officially signed up for a Conan follow-up.  Supposedly, he's on board for a film titled The Legend of Conan, a film slated for a summer 2014 release.  Some people are groaning, saying "Man, he's way too old for that," but there's some quality material to draw from.  Some of my favorite Conan tales are yarns that are set late in the barbarian's life.
Some will love this news, some will hate it.  Definitely count me among the numbers who are genuinely excited.  Though he didn't really fit the part as well as some might think, Arnold brought something special to the role.
I welcome a gritty return for the superb character Robert E. Howard was kind enough to provide us with.  Not only do I welcome such a film, but I think it can be done.  I actually like the last one, but I do believe a better story could be fashioned around Conan.  Maybe The Legend of Conan is up for the challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment