Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week 1 Win

It was ugly.  It was hot and humid.  Yet it was a win, and ugly wins are just as good as masterpieces in the NFL.  Kris and I were on hand to watch Seattle beat the Panthers 12 - 7 today, and we had a blast.  I knew the Panthers were tough, and playing at 1 p.m. on the East Coast is kind of like rolling the Seahawks out of bed at 10 a.m. to play some ball, but they got the job done.

I didn't expect Carolina to be able to shut down the run like they did, holding Marshawn Lynch to less than 50 yards on the ground.  I was also a bit worried as the offense was able to move the ball in spurts without getting into the end zone until the 4th quarter.  As with any game where a single score results in a lead change, it was an intense affair, and despite the baseball score it was a good game to watch.

In the end, Russell Wilson got it done, posting a regular season high of 320 yards and hitting 8 different receivers in the process.  That kid is special, and the future is bright for Seattle fans.  I'm glad I have a wife who loves the NFL (and the Seahawks) as much as I do, and I'm glad the team was able to give us a win in Charlotte today.

Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment