Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Star Wars - the new comic series from Marvel

Last night I read the second issue of Marvel's new Star Wars series to the kids.  Yes, I played Star Wars music, just like I did with the first one, and even though Darth Vader's breathing isn't part of the script, I went there.  I went there a lot.  True story: we're having a great time with these comics.  Honestly, they're pretty close to the top of my list now, and that's high praise considering just how new the title is.  The kids would probably love it regardless, but I'm genuinely impressed.  I'm a lifelong fan of comics, and it's not like we haven't had Star Wars comics to enjoy before.  However, I never felt the property translated well to comics--at least not the ones I encountered.  They were okay, but they were never something that I sought out.  This series is dope.  It's set right after the first Star Wars--or should I say the fourth?  I think I would prefer to refer to it as the first, even though it is Part IV, but I digress.  What I'm trying to say is that it's very cool because I get to hang with Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie, and everyone's favorite droids again after all this time.  Bonus points: it is entirely possible that Darth Vader has never been more badass.  That's probably my favorite thing about the series.  Anyway, if you're a fan of comics or Star Wars, you should definitely check this series out.  The story is gripping, the pencils are solid, the colors are incredible, and I think you'll enjoy it just as much as these wacky Waylands are.

May the force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment