Thursday, February 12, 2015

Short Attention Span Review: The Return of the Living Dead (Soundtrack) - 1985

 
I frequently express my affection for Return of the Living Dead, a vastly underrated picture that is not only my favorite zombie flick, but one of my favorite horror films in general.  Hell, it's one of my favorite movies.  One of the things I like most about this outlandish gem is the incredible soundtrack.  The movie itself is very punk, so while it might seem bizarre on the surface, a soundtrack with songs from The Cramps, The Damned, Tall Boys, and The Flesheaters meshes well with the zombie carnage that ensues in the film.  Not only that, but most of the selections are awesome songs.  The movie's anthem, "Partytime," comes courtesy of 45 Grave, and it would probably be the highlight of this gnarly album if not for the song The Cramps brought to the party: "Surfin' Dead."  I dig the whole album and I do believe that it was integral to the movie's success.  I'll use this space to recommend the movie to any poor soul hasn't seen it, but my primary objective is to show the soundtrack some love.  It rocks--correction: it punk rocks.  Show your ears some love and give it a listen if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment