Wednesday, October 24, 2012

'Tis the Season

I'm the author of a book entitled Trailer Park Trash & Vampires, so this should come as no surprise: I love this time of year.



I've had a soft spot in my heart for things that go bump in the dark for about as long as I can remember, and Halloween is such a magical time of year.  Scary movies are dominating the tube, spooky decorations are up all over the place, and I was able to score a box of Frankenberry at Wal-Mart.  Life is good.



I'm going to do three jack-a-lanterns this year, and the first will be carved today.  Few things excite me as much as carving a pumpkin.  That's silly but true.  It's hard, but creating something unique is always a worthwhile endeavor.  I like the story behind it, and I've never been a man to scoff at any totem.


I'm also devoting some time to pushing the book and writing a Halloween piece for RVA, so this has been a particularly noteworthy October for yours truly.  I'll do a blog after I finish my first pumpkin later and keep you posted.  Until then, ask yourself this: what are you doing to prevent evil spirits from assailing your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment