Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Faith No More: New Album/Top 5 Songs


They're back!
I am so stoked for this new Faith No More album coming in May that it's ridiculous.  FNM is my favorite band and while I spent years hoping for a reunion, I really didn't think it would happen.  Then they reunited a few years ago to tour, refused to play a show anywhere near me, and swore that there would be no new material.  Bummer.  Yet here we are, just a couple of months away from the release of their new album, Sol Invictus.  Two killer tracks have already been released and it sounds like the band still has the ability to throw down some vicious rock while taking their sound in strange and unique directions.  Many seem to prefer "Superhero" to "Motherfucker," and while I like them both I do believe that I'm a bit more infatuated with the latter.  When the album hits, I'll be sure to provide a review after I take a day off from life to immerse myself in it. 

Until then, I wanted to provide you with this link to a "Top 5 Faith No More Songs" piece I did for RVA Magazine back in 2010. 

And, for those who haven't heard the new stuff:

Motherfucker

Superhero

No comments:

Post a Comment