Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Django Unchained

I am woefully behind so far as the cinema is concerned. 

 
I have yet to check out Skyfall.
 

Hell, I'm waiting for Expendables 2 on Blu-ray. 


Honestly, though, I was there for The Avengers on opening night, and aside from that, Django Unchained has remained the next absolute must-see movie on my calendar. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm very stoked about Skyfall, and I'm eager to watch Sly and Arnold and the rest of the gang blow shit up, but Tarantino films warrant another degree of enthusiasm.  Maybe another twenty degrees of enthusiasm. 


QT is the best filmmaker of his generation, a gifted director who manages to tell the coolest and most compelling stories in the coolest and most compelling ways. 
I am ridiculously excited about this picture.  Quentin always delivers, and the pitch for Django Unchained is most intriguing.  I love westerns, particularly the spaghetti westerns that had such an impact on Tarantino.  I expect big things, and I'm eager for the film's release on Christmas.
In the meantime, check out the official site and get a closer look at Django Unchained, the latest potential masterpiece from a spectacular filmmaker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment