Friday, October 30, 2015

Halloween in the Land of Way - Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1 from Marvel


Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1 from Marvel

 I took one look at the cover of this comic and I had to have it.  If you feel the same way about a team of Marvel's kookiest monsters representing S.H.I.E.L.D. in the field as a "supernatural threat division," be sure to grab a copy for yourself.  The art is decidedly old school, conjuring memories of those golden horror comics of the past, while the story was witty and subversive.  Played for laughs and thrills, this first issue sets the stage for a cool series and proved exciting from cover to cover.  If the notion of a monster mash-up/creepy war comic doesn't really float your bug, stick to the guys and gals in tights.  On the other hand, if you like spooky shenanigans and you're looking for a proper comic to sit down with as Halloween draws nigh, I think that this book is the one for you.  The creative team delivered the goods and I enjoyed the humor that permeates this weird book as much as the festive action and the minimal gore. 

Final Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment